BETWEEN YOU AND ME
In this candid and revealing audiobook, Mike Wallace tells the behind-the-scenes stories from his remarkable 60-year career. Here are intimate anecdotes, off-camera antics, never-before-told tales, and, most important, Wallace’s insights about some unforgettable characters. Over the course of his career, Wallace has interviewed all but one of the presidents of the past half-century; First Ladies including Eleanor Roosevelt and Nancy Reagan; cultural figures from Frank Lloyd Wright to Johnny Carson; social revolutionaries such as Malcolm X; and performers ranging from Itzhak Perlman to Tina Turner. He has also interviewed crooks and con men. And what made it onto the television screen is only part of the story, for here Wallace offers anecdotes that reveal volumes about the true character of these celebrated people, and why they did what they did. Wallace recounts how he first got an interview with Martin Luther King, Jr., and how their friendship developed over time; the story of the Secret Service agent who felt responsible for not saving John F. Kennedy; a poignant interview with Nancy Reagan concerning her husband’s Alzheimer’s. Wallace tells how he infuriated all sides with his reports from the Middle East; of his conversations with Begin and Arafat; of his interviews with the shah of Iran; and of his unflinching question to the Ayatollah Khomeini. There are moments of great levity, too: with Itzhak Perlman and Shirley MacLaine. Wallace also turns his questioning eye on his own life and career, offering a frank and frequently surprising self-portrait. And he writes of his childhood, his professional friendships, and his battle with depression. Mike Wallace’s challenging and perceptive questions often evoked reactions from famous figures that have sometimes changed minds and, occasionally, history. Between You and Me gives listeners a behind-the-scenes looks at one of the great broadcast journalists of our time.
5 in stock
|Dimensions||23 x 15 x 2 cm|
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.
- The means to replace self-limiting habits with new behaviors that foster smart thinking
- An understanding of the mind itself as well as memory
- The ability to define and solve problems by finding and applying relevant knowledge
- Ways to present and process information effectively
- An easy-to-use nutrition counter covering more than 3,000 foods, broken down by their anti-aging nutrients
- Mouth-watering recipes to revitalize the body and soul
- How to shop, how to eat, what to look for to achieve optimum health and maximize your quality of life in later years