DEVIL SENT THE RAIN
Devil Sent the Rain collects journalism, criticism, and essays that I’ve written over the past fifteen years, on music, literature, and politics. Subjects include Jimmie Rodgers, Charley Patton, Bob Dylan, Gillian Welch, Norman Mailer, Jimmy Martin, Gustave Flaubert, the BP oil spill, Charlie Chan, and Jelly Roll Morton, among others.
The book is subtitled “Music and Writing in Desperate America.” Both individually and taken together, the musicians and writers discussed in Devil Sent the Rain generate a magical current, a set of tactics and strategies for deprogramming the conditioned reflexes of the post-reality corporate world being forced upon us. I think of the book itself as a series of magic charms, an attempt to cast a spell to drive out demons and bring dead spirits back to life.
5 in stock
|Dimensions||20 x 14 x 2 cm|
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.
- The means to replace self-limiting habits with new behaviors that foster smart thinking
- An understanding of the mind itself as well as memory
- The ability to define and solve problems by finding and applying relevant knowledge
- Ways to present and process information effectively
- Fun, easy-to-understand definitions for words in every letter of the alphabet.
- Silly cartoons make definitions really stick.
- A humorous approach encourages kids to let loose with language, experiment and have fun.
- 384 pages of laughter & learning.
- And more! There are hours of fun words and their meanings to explore with your kids.