The New Greenmarket Cookbook: Recipes and Tips from Today’s Finest Chefs—and the Stories behind the Farms That Inspire Them
“There’s a kind of magic that the Greenmarket holds, that even in this most urbanized of landscapes, we can eat a locally grown Bosc pear whose glorious taste can cause our experience of the world to shift.”—From the foreword by Jim Oseland, Saveur
Founded in 1976 with 12 farmers in a parking lot, New York’s famed Greenmarket has now grown to become the largest and most diverse network of outdoor urban farmers’ markets in the country, with 54 markets and more than 230 participating family farms, bakeries, and fishermen. Celebrated chefs have long touted the produce available at these markets, sourcing ingredients for some of their best dishes.
Now,The New Greenmarket Cookbook brings to life the variety, flavor, and personal connections that have made the Greenmarket a culinary destination known the world over. Following the natural cycle of a year at the market, with chapters organized by season, the book offers easy, delicious restaurant recipes from the top chefs who frequent the stands for ingredients and inspiration.
With full–color photos to illustrate the simple–yet–spectacular dishes—think sugar snap pea and whipped-ricotta tartines, pavlova with strawberries and basil, cider–braised pork shoulder, dandelion green salad with pancetta, cantaloupe and hyssop popsicles, and lemon thyme panna cotta—The New Greenmarket Cookbook is a gorgeous, flavorful journey through a bountiful year at the Greenmarket.
With recipes from: Jose Andres, Michael Anthony, Mark Bittman, April Bloomfield, Daniel Boulud, Melissa Clark, Dana Cowin, Amanda Hesser, Dan Kluger, Anita Lo, Michael Pollan, Eric Ripert, Audrey Saunders, Bill Telepan, Christina Tosi, and many more.
“The Greenmarket provides our restaurant and neighbors with a variety of delicious, nutritious, and beautiful ingredients; the dishes we create are often inspired by walks through the market. It is also a meeting point with the growers, the people who are the most passionate and knowledgeable about that food. It is one of our most precious resources in New York City.”—Michael Anthony, Executive Chef, Gramercy Tavern
5 in stock
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.
- The means to replace self-limiting habits with new behaviors that foster smart thinking
- An understanding of the mind itself as well as memory
- The ability to define and solve problems by finding and applying relevant knowledge
- Ways to present and process information effectively
Material Girl . . . Immaculate sexpot . . . Superstar . . . Mother . . . Kabbalah enthusiast . . . For three decades she has defied categorization. . . . She remains one of our greatest living pop icons.Here is the groundbreaking biography that finally solves the mystery at the heart of Madonna's chameleonlike existence. Drawing upon scores of candid interviews with producers, musicians, collaborators, lovers, and friends, Lucy O'Brien's Madonna: Like an Icon explores the complex personality and legendary drive that have made Madonna the most famous female pop artist of our time. From her mother's premature death to Madonna's dynamic arrival on the New York club scene, from "Like a Virgin" to Evita and beyond, every stage of this dazzling star's life and career is brilliantly illuminated—the stereotypes deconstructed, the lies exposed, the artist examined, the legend celebrated.
- An easy-to-use nutrition counter covering more than 3,000 foods, broken down by their anti-aging nutrients
- Mouth-watering recipes to revitalize the body and soul
- How to shop, how to eat, what to look for to achieve optimum health and maximize your quality of life in later years
- Fun, easy-to-understand definitions for words in every letter of the alphabet.
- Silly cartoons make definitions really stick.
- A humorous approach encourages kids to let loose with language, experiment and have fun.
- 384 pages of laughter & learning.
- And more! There are hours of fun words and their meanings to explore with your kids.