The New Science of Overcoming Arthritis: Prevent or Reverse Your Pain, Discomfort, and Limitations
Battle the growing arthritis epidemic by taking steps now.
Arthritis is truly an epidemic: more than 40 million Americans currently have arthritis, it is the leading cause of disability among people age 65 and older, and the overall annual costs to society are figured to be more than 65 billion. While it is present in nearly everyone by age 70, the problem is growing as arthritis more commonly appears in people as young as their 30s.
But there is good news—while you can’t cure arthritis, you can stave it off or manage it and dramatically improve your life. The New Science of Overcoming Arthritis offers a plan for anyone who wants to prevent or reverse their pain, discomfort, and limitations. It is the first book on arthritis that incorporates the latest research and treatment strategies for a disease that the vast majority of baby boomers will inevitably have to learn to live with. What’s more, it provides younger generations with an easy-to-follow game plan for minimizing and even avoiding the more debilitating aspects of arthritis. It answers the most pressing questions, including:
- Why do we get arthritis?
- Which arthritis supplements are worthwhile?
- What are the best arthritis exercise and diet strategies?
- Which alternative therapies are sensible and safe?
- What is the latest science about stem cells and future therapies involving our genes and biology?
Dr. Vangsness, a seasoned surgeon and team physician for USC Athletics, specializes in sports injuries and is a medical advisor on the cutting edge of arthritis research. He provides practical advice culled from his years working with star collegiate athletes, who are often on the front line in uncovering the best practices for dealing with injuries and the deterioration of the body’s joints. While genetics play a large role in determining who will suffer from arthritis, and even how severely, there are strategies for staying active, pain-free, and healthy no matter who you are.
5 in stock
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.
- Fun, easy-to-understand definitions for words in every letter of the alphabet.
- Silly cartoons make definitions really stick.
- A humorous approach encourages kids to let loose with language, experiment and have fun.
- 384 pages of laughter & learning.
- And more! There are hours of fun words and their meanings to explore with your kids.
- The means to replace self-limiting habits with new behaviors that foster smart thinking
- An understanding of the mind itself as well as memory
- The ability to define and solve problems by finding and applying relevant knowledge
- Ways to present and process information effectively
Material Girl . . . Immaculate sexpot . . . Superstar . . . Mother . . . Kabbalah enthusiast . . . For three decades she has defied categorization. . . . She remains one of our greatest living pop icons.Here is the groundbreaking biography that finally solves the mystery at the heart of Madonna's chameleonlike existence. Drawing upon scores of candid interviews with producers, musicians, collaborators, lovers, and friends, Lucy O'Brien's Madonna: Like an Icon explores the complex personality and legendary drive that have made Madonna the most famous female pop artist of our time. From her mother's premature death to Madonna's dynamic arrival on the New York club scene, from "Like a Virgin" to Evita and beyond, every stage of this dazzling star's life and career is brilliantly illuminated—the stereotypes deconstructed, the lies exposed, the artist examined, the legend celebrated.